Employment Opportunities with the Tallahassee Police Department
Please use Internet Explorer to ensure your application is received.
Thank you for considering joining the Tallahassee Police Department. As a reminder, before continuing with the TPD Online application process, please download, review and complete (if applicable) the documents below.
Information to review prior to submitting a TPD Online Job Application
These links below are to provide you with information about TPD's Police Officer position and the employment application process. There is nothing to complete or submit. Do not attach any of these documents to the TPD Online Job Application
Required Notarized Documents
Please download and complete the documents below. Print each and have a Notary Public witness your signature on both. Mail or deliver both to Employee Resources Office, Tallahassee Police Department, 234 East Seventh Avenue, Tallahassee FL 32303.
Additional Required Documentation
Mail the following documents to the Employee Resources Office, Tallahassee Police Department, 234 East Seventh Avenue, Tallahassee, Florida 32303.
- Birth certificate — a copy of the document must be from the Bureau of Vital Statistics from the state of your birth.
- Social Security Card — a photocopy of your card.
- Driver's license — a photocopy of your current driver's license (front and back of driver's license if renewal information is located on the back).
- A certified College Transcript reflecting an A.A. or A.S. degree or the equivalent required hours (90 quarter or 60 semester with a grade of "C" or above in each course) from an accredited college or university. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the College or may be included with your application in a tamper evident envelope sealed by the College.
- Proof of name change (if applicable).
- Driver's record — a recent copy of your seven-year driver's history transcript from every state (except Florida) in which you have held a valid driver's license.
- Military Record — DD214 reflecting character of service for each tour of duty.
- All male applicants between the ages of 18 — 26 must submit a copy of their Selective Service Registration or Exemption card.
- Naturalization Papers (if applicable) shall be provided to the Employee Resources Office upon request.
When the above requirements are met, proceed to complete and submit an Online Job Application for the Police Officer position displayed in the field below.